What should I do if I am unable to join a session or have connection problems?
Ways to Resolve Connection Issues
If you cannot connect to a session, please run this test https://network.callstats.io/ to help us determine which side the problem is on and who needs to take further troubleshooting steps.
- Make sure you have closed all other applications that use audio or video, such as Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Close any apps or programs that are running in the background.
- Ensure that your device is fully charged or connected to a charger.
- Try signing out of your Heck Yeah account and signing back in.
- Restart your device.
- If you have another device, try opening your session on it.
- Update Heck Yeah app to the latest version available on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Update your device’s operating system.
- Perform an equipment check to verify that your microphone and camera are working properly with Heck Yeah.
- If possible, switch to a different wifi network.
- If you’re in a country with restricted internet, consider using a VPN (please confirm that VPN use is legal in your country before using)
NOTE: If you have tried all the above steps and still have technical issues, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with details about the session and the specific problems you experienced.
Why might I experience connection issues?
When using Heck Yeah, coaches and clients are connected directly to each other to ensure the privacy of the data.
With a direct connection, sometimes a user will be blocked by the other’s setup (Firewall, Internet Service Provider (ISP) policy, etc.) In cases like this, please know that Heck Yeah is not unstable or malfunctioning, but it is the other person’s setup that is causing the complications.
Because video conferencing takes up so much data and CPU power, less powerful devices will have to utilize more CPU resources to establish a connection. So, the quality of each session’s connection is influenced by a number of factors, such as:
- The strength of each participant’s internet connection
- The quality of the devices used
- The environment
- The operating system
If you can’t connect to Heck Yeah, this is usually caused by a problem with your Internet connection or your phone’s settings. It might not be necessary to delete and reinstall Heck Yeah.